Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lithium ion battery cell without protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

nataddrho

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone know where (supplier or company) I can purchase lithium ion cells without the protection IC already attached to the product? I already have under and over voltage protection on my board, and I'd like to directly solder the cell tabs in order to save cost during production.

Here is the battery pack I am using for my prototypes: 1568-1496-ND (SparkFun PRT-13852) 3.7V 40mAh.

Thanks

It is called a Lithium Polymer (Li-PO) battery and is commonly without protection and sold in local hobby stores for use in model airplanes, drones, cars and boats. They also have chargers that provide protection and the products have circuits that provide protection.

I bought a 40mAh Li-PO battery for a IR-controlled tiny helicopter.

I am looking for an approved supplier for mass production, not hobbyist level.

What product uses the tiny little Li-PO you need? Little toys.
A cell phone uses a Li-PO battery that has 100 times more mAh than what you want.

What product uses the tiny little Li-PO you need? Little toys.
A cell phone uses a Li-PO battery that has 100 times more mAh than what you want.

I am making a little toy. I don't understand how you are answering my question.

You want an approved supplier of a tiny battery so you can use it in a mass-produced toy.
Most battery-powered toys use a disposable battery, not a rechargeable battery. They are made cheaply by a Chinese company.

You want an approved supplier of a tiny battery so you can use it in a mass-produced toy.
Most battery-powered toys use a disposable battery, not a rechargeable battery. They are made cheaply by a Chinese company.

That is literally what I asked for, the name of a supplier.

This is why I don't use engineering forums to search for answers. I'm better off finding the answers myself.

I should have known better. I hate to judge an entire forum based on one person, but I will.

Goodbye edaboard.com, you are instantly frustrating and unhelpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.