Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

kdeinit having problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilly

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am using debian linux for Cadence tools. Recently I realized that after reboot the machine, the kdeinit will use all my resources almost 100%, and the load average showed more than 2.0 at all time. When I launch spectre, it will take longer time compare to previous experience (all the cadence tools lauch/run very slow when the load average is more than 1.0). When I killed kdeinit, everything will back to normal, tools will launch just nice. I would like to know what is kdeinit trying to do. How to diagnosis this problem? I heard from my friends that I can try to disable this service or certain services in order to find out which services is having problem when kdeinit is running. How to perform that? What is the best way to fix this problem? Currently I stopped using kde environment and switched to gnome. I realized I never had high load average anymore (load average: 0.17) after switching to gnome. Hope someone can guide me to fix this problem. I would like to switch back to kde since I had did lots of configuration in kde environment. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.