Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Job at confusion What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mailus

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have joined in a organization as a embedded linux software engineer.the organization is develop the design and sell the design.They are working with ipcamera,routers and security related products.They are working with team of embedded linux software engineer and hardware engineer.The software team working with device drivers and the hardware teams working with designing new hardware and developing the existing hardwares. I am interested to gain knowledge in both domain. I have four years of experience in component level PCB servicing (mostly in power electronics and analog electronics). I have little experience in working with (PIC)microcontroller. I am lack in software development and designing a circuit.

Now my question is
Whether to stay in software development or switch over to hardware?

The PIC is most prolific uC on the market with the same code base thruout. Efficient machine language is like efficient concise logic hardware design.

It depends what level of registers resonates with your creativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.