Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there similar model in Silvaco TCAD Atlas vs Sentarus Non local band to band tunnelling model

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasontung

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Current I’m trying to perform modeling on GaN HEMT ohmic contact by using software of Silvaco. The structure is simple whereby to have an interfacial layer of heavily doped N++ layer between contact and semiconductor which for both anode and cathode. N++ heavily doped layer will be under the metal contact (anode and cathode) and the material is GaN and semiconductor bulk also GaN however with lighter doping (1E+17/n-type & this if fix). GaN N++ layer range from 1E+20~5E+17 uniform n-type. I understand there is same simulation with using Sentaurus software and using non-local band to band tunnelling model and I was trying to use same model in Silvaco. However the result turn out to be the current is one order magnitude lower 10E-7 for mine in Silvaco vs the 10E-6 compare to Sentaurus one. And I just would like to get some advice here is there any similar model in Silvaco vs Sentaurus non-local band to band model?

Attachments

• N++ Structure.jpg
    N++ Structure.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 109

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back