Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there is away to convert it to serial.. GC86

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedfhd1

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello every body

I'm new here and I hope that I'll be a useful member.

I'm new with GPRS technique and using it is a part of my graduation project. So I have some questions that answering it may help

me in my work.

1- The following GPRS module is the one that the mobile company in my country sells:

**broken link removed**

and this module have a port that compatible with laptops and in my project the idea is to interface the module with

microcontroller so I need away to convert the port of GC86 to UART or ,if not, to USB.

2- Is it possible to deal with the module through microcontroller and give it transmit instruction.??

thanks at all

ahmed

ahmedfhd1 said:
2- Is it possible to deal with the module through microcontroller and give it transmit instruction.??
You can, but you'll spent a lot of effort just deveoping the hardware and software to talk to the PC Card interface. I'd suggest you get a "GSM Modem" or module that uses a serial interface. This is what most people use for GSM/Microcontroller projects.

thank you GSM man ...

what about this module:

**broken link removed**

an important question that I really need to know about it... Can I use such module every where a GSM network exisists..??

the mobile company in my country deal with the first one but I have no idea aboutthis module if it suitable every where.

thanks
ahmed[/img]

You can use the Telit radio - I've built it into several products. It's quad band so will work in any country. Down side is that Telit modules are expensive, and the tiny connector is a pain to work with. Make sure you use a power supply that is capable of supplying 2 Amps, and provide a low 10-100uF ESR cap at the power pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.