Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is feed through essential? and any idea about my design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dummyeng

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i design this circuit and i assumed each drain need almost 25 to 30A and i searched on internet but i couldnt find any suitable feed through
so can i directly solder my wire to my circuit?

and in 1G i calculate wire radius should be 2.5 mm is it correct?

it is output

it should work until 1Kw in 1G to 1.2G

Attachments

• eda.jpg
    eda.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Webpage with ampacity tables:

It's too easy to yank on a wire connected to a pcb at a single spot. One twist or pull, and a copper trace can break away.
However strength of the connection improves If you drill two holes and run the wire through both. Or, anchor it to the board by tying it down with a bit of wire.

How can we relate the screenshot to your question? The encircled holes are apparently unplated mounting holes, you'll hardly connect "wires" to it. Also you are posting in the RF section and the screenshot seems to show a RF power amplifier board. What should be the purpose of "feedthrougs" in this circuit? Is it for power supply? Please show a schematic for clarification.
--- Updated ---

For single terminal high current power supply connections, I would consider screw terminals in the first place, either soldered or press-fit connected to the board. Or copper pours with through plated holes to screw ring terminals to it.
--- Updated ---

E.g. using a Wuerth Redcube connector, capable of carrying 100 A and more with respective board design.

1617103768571.png

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back