Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR2110 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is working now...
Thanks a lot everyone to give me suggestion which helped me a lot to make it work. :grin:

I re-make the circuit in project board with H bridge configuration. Again It burned one driver. Then I found that I connected Vs wrongly. Vs connection was mistakenly interchanged. After correction, again one driver burned. Then I found that one of the 4 MOSFET was faulty. After changing this MOSFET it started working without hitting up any component. I used a 1k ohm resistor as a load. Waveform with 5kHz PWM seems okay but it becomes worse with more than 20kHz PWM.

Hi, i will be Much Much Obliged if someone can Help me, i am Really Sucked up Using IR2110, as i don't know any other available msft Driver in market here,

Issue
1) Main issue Bootstrap doent start working when The Vcc is below 21 Volts, i.e High Side start working When the Vcc is Greater than 21 Volts :'( Bootstrap Diode tested 1n5819, Byv26, Byv27, Fr107, FR106, FuF106, 1n4007, Tested many Boot capacitors too

2) The output at Ho is not Pure square wave it has slop at top, and its not straight line
There is some noise present also :(

i used ferrite beeds(b/w driver and Mos Gate) to remove noise there is lot of improvement but not completely removed
Waveform pics are Attached please help me if u anyone can
10.png
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png
9.png

Hello are you using micro controller as source of frequency ? of other IC?

I was also facing same problem but the sorce of noise is my oscillator.
Do u put filter caps? please upload diagram....

- - - Updated - - -

slope is due to high charging time of boot strap capacitors ...reduce value of it hance slop will magically removed.......

The results are mysterious (e.g not working below Vcc of 21 V), the waveforms are meaningless without a circuit schematic. They e.g. show negative gate voltage, quite unusual for IR2110 driver circuits.

And stop repeated cross posting!

Forum members who are interested in this topic would have probably answered your first post if it gave an understandble problem description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back