Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inverter output

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitking

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, why my inverter output is like the one shown in below image1? what could be reason. I increased the NMOS and PMOS dimensions and I got the Image2, that kind of fixes the problm But I really don't know the reason for the plot in Image1.

Image 1:
1613397920864.png

Image2:
1613398032086.png

The reason is that your inverter was not fast enough to drive this frequency. The propagation delay is given by:
1613411017619.png

\[ IDsat=(\beta /2) {VDsat}^2 \frac{W} {L} \].

So large W, means large current capability which makes the load capacitances charge faster. In other words, large W means more transistors in parallel which means smaller RC (time constant of charging/discharging) and consequently faster response (higher frequency capability).
You can try your circuit with smaller W with a lower frequency and it should work.

You can try your circuit with smaller W with a lower frequency and it should work.

Do you know how to change the frequency of the "rand_bit_stream" instance (ahdlLib Library).

In properties, change "tperiod" to the period of the signal you want (1/f).

Hello circuitking ,
In the waveform there are spikes at the edges. These spikes often result from missing body to source connection.
Do check for that also in your design.

Also mind when you dimension this also results in increasing self capacitance .So also keep this in check when going for upsizing of MOSFETS.

regards ,
Hasgle

These spikes often result from missing body to source connection.

I have body to source connection. I am seeing these kind of spikes in a LVDS output also. No idea why they appear.

Charge feedthrough causes those spikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back