Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inverted data from rand_bit_stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitking

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I gave the data generated by rand_bit_stream (from ahdlLib library) to an inverter but I don't get inversion of the data at the output of the inverter. The rand_bit_stream data output is good, there is no problem with that, the problem is only with the inverted data. There is also no problem with my inverter because I gave other data and it inverted properly. Can anyone try this and tell me what is wrong with the rand_bit_stream.

What kind of inverter? ideal or design?
Can you give details of properties and size of the inverter? Have you checked the nand output in the same testbench?

What kind of inverter? ideal or design?
It is designed inverter.

Can you give details of properties and size of the inverter? Have you checked the nand output in the same testbench?

What properties of the inverter would you like to see?. Which NAND gate?, I haven't used NAND gate anywhere

I meant the inverter. Is it a CMOS inverter from your design? or a standard cell or ideal? Are you sure the W is sufficient to drive that frequency?

Are volt levels compatible at input pins? Lows going to ground? Highs not exceeding supply voltage to the inverter?

Transitions quick and definite, not slow? Would it help if you clean them up with a schmitt trigger?

I meant the inverter. Is it a CMOS inverter from your design? or a standard cell or ideal? Are you sure the W is sufficient to drive that frequency?

Some how it has begun to work after I increased the "tperiod" value in rand_bit_stream properties. However, It is working with any other value a gave, which I were using when I had the problem. Strangely, I have no idea what went wrong. Surely, this helped "Are you sure the W is sufficient to drive that frequency".

I am glad it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back