Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interpolation effect in the frequency domain of the spectrum analizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,When we interpolate by 2 that means that our frequency axes shrinks by 2 as i know from the simple theory.
But we i look at a system from a real DAC as shown in the spectrum analizer photos bellow.
I have an I/Q modulated signal of 5Mhz baseband going into 2300 mixer frequency and the signal is intepulated by 2
I get a very complex behavior shown bellow.
I made marker table on it the photos.
maybe the system is not exactly acts by the numbers i said..
How can i interpret this spectrum analizer photos and see the intepolation effect in it?
Thanks.

1622670855868.png

1622670806739.png

Please start with a complete description of your setup, including applied sampling rates etc. Where do you use interpolation?

Apparently, the base band signal has 30 MHz sampling rate and is modulating the carrier without appropriate filtering, resulting in a 30 MHz aliasing pattern.

Hello FVM, i know that when we do upsampling by 2 the nyquist zones divided by 2
could you please say where are the nyquist zones in my photos?
Thanks.
--- Updated ---

Hello FVM,intermodulation causes the nyquist zones to expand by the intermodulation factor.
so if the spacing is by 30MHZ and we have intermodulation by 2 factor then our
sampling rate is 15Mhz?
correct?

1622811994025.png

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back