Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interdigitated Electrode Capacitor

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to simulate interdigitated capacitor in HFSS to calculate the capacitance over frequrncy what the best way to excite the structure.

Bode plot or swept CC impedance plot or Smith Chart

1703557953967.png

1703558036163.png

Can you improve on these specs?

I am trying to simulate interdigitated capacitor in HFSS to calculate the capacitance at different frequencies. But the results are not correct, I tried first with maxwell with DC voltage and when compared the results at low frequencies from HFSS they are not the same. I attached the model if anyone can help.

Attachments

• IDE.rar
    82.5 KB · Views: 47
I'm new to HFSS ( trying to learn ) but Modal Network is fine for this type of Planar Devices.
HFSS Hybrid and Arrays solution type is also used in different type planar problems.
--- Updated ---

I have used HFSS Modal Solution and found this Z11 ( Source is Circuit Port )
1703713983631.png

That's equivalent to 4.2pF@20MHz.

Last edited:
I'm new to HFSS ( trying to learn ) but Modal Network is fine for this type of Planar Devices.
HFSS Hybrid and Arrays solution type is also used in different type planar problems.
--- Updated ---

I have used HFSS Modal Solution and found this Z11 ( Source is Circuit Port )
View attachment 187339
That's equivalent to 4.2pF@20MHz.
Thanks to the response
Can you uploaded the model you used, I wanted to see how you solved it?

As I have said before, I'm newbie to HFSS and I dont' want you to mislead.
You can verify/compare this result by theoretical calculation.

Attachments

• IDE.rar
    44.4 KB · Views: 48

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: