Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inherent nonlinearity in mosfet's model BISIM 3 and 4FORId=0

Status
Not open for further replies.

macg84

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bsim3 vds=0 problem

Hello at all,
I have a question to do ... I read that in BSIM3 and 4 in mosfet's model, when the current circulating in it is zero it creates a discontinuity on the first derivative. Where can I find information about this topic?
Thank you at all

Re: inherent nonlinearity in mosfet's model BISIM 3 and 4FOR

macg84 said:
Where can I find information about this topic?
You should use the Search function. S. the foll. discussion in this forum:

Thank you for the reply and for the very useful manual:D, then i found the information on my problem, infact I read that in model BSIM 3 and BSIM 4 there is a lack of simmetry in the model, that leads to differnt left and right hand second order derivatives at Vds=0, consequently, the secondo and higher order derivatives do not exist at Vds=0. This situatio is a problem in RF similation if you want mesure IIP3. My new questio is:
How can i do skip thi problem, using the same model BSIM3 adding something in the schematic to delete the non linearity at Vds=0? Can I do this??
I attacched two article on thi topic...
thank you.....

Re: inherent nonlinearity in mosfet's models BSIM 3 and 4

macg84 said:
I attached two articles on this topic...
Thank you! Very good papers!

macg84 said:
How can i skip this problem, using the same model BSIM3 adding something in the schematic to delete the non linearity at Vds=0? Can I do this??
No. The discontinuity at Vds=0 exists inherently in both BSIM models because of their velocity saturation model (s. your Peter Bendix et al. paper). It is not possible to get rid of this inhomogeneity by adding something in the schematic. The only way to avoid it, is to use the SP model - or to stay well away from Vds=0 ;-)

macg84

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

:Dnot at all, thank you...how can i change the model in cadence? How can i choose the sp model?

macg84 said:
...how can i change the model in cadence? How can i choose the sp model?
First you must acquire the SP model from Berkeley, and then adapt it to your process tech. Then put it into your PDK path, where the other sim. models reside. After this you must tell your sim. environment where to find it. Normally, this is PDK admin's job! ;-)
Good luck! erikl

macg84

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

thank you very much:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back