Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

information about learning embedded systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandu481

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sir,

i am intrested in learning embedded systems. what are the subjects helpful before going to learn embedded.

hey,
Read books on Embedded Systems (e.g - Embedded systems by Rajkamal)
Its expected that you know C programming before going for embedded systems
have read and know atleast one microcontroller and one processor like 8051 and 8085 (currently ARM cores and PIC and arduino are used)
have read and worked on linux , a little bit

Hiii,
To learn embedded systems you should know about c programming/assembly,digital electronics basics,basics of networks.I would recommend you to buy Tiva C launchpad and join a free MOOC course hosted on edx.org by Utexas.Understanding concepts is important and not the board that you are working.You may find A book written by Prof. Jonathan Valvano very useful

Hi

Are you already familiar with digital electronics or some kind of programming.

If you come from a programming background then the Raspberry Pi, is a great way to transition from PC programming into the embedded world.
You can be up and running for about USD30-40 and start learning how to control I/O pins with loads of help on the internet.

It would really help if you can give a brief background about what you already are exposed to - people could give better suggestions based on that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back