Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Information about Germany taxes and living costs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmarco76

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, I've been in contact with a Germany company.
My situation is 7 year of experiences in Digital Electronics (FPGA, VHDL, DSP, Video Coding, etc).
They're thinking about my future salary and I need advice about it before accepting.

Info are about taxes and lifecost there in Germany (the location should be Munich).
Can you help me?

Let's assume they'll offer me about 60K Euros gross/year.
What will remain for me net for a mount?
How much does a 2bedrom house cost?

Have you some referring site (in english), please?

Thx in advice

Re: Germany information

7 Years Experience ??
I think the Offer is OK. I will take it. What is your Qualification (BSEE, Masters or PhD). If its PhD, then the sum is atleast 15000Euro lower.
In Munich, a beginer (say RF engineer) will have an Average of about 45K. Life in Munich may not really be cheap. But for 60k it will be pretty nice. Two bed roomed house in munich is about 1000Euro a month.
Alltoger, with a PhD, I'll not otherwise its a good offer, I think.

Germany information

Thx for information, it still be usefull.
They should contact me in the end of this week (Maybe also on next week for me still be ok, because I've been in contact also with others and more they'll wait, more proposals I'll have to choose among)

Forgot to mention. I am living in Germany. Though not in munich but very close to. So I know exactly what I am talking. From which Country will you be comming ?
What are your qualifications ?
nice day.

Germany information

Have they required a knowledge of German language in the mouth tongue level?

@ddboy40:
Sorry for late in replying.
I'm Italian and I've graduated (5 years Laurea here in italy at Politecnico of Milano, should be considered an MSc of 5 years).

@ldm:
No german language required because the company is international and the company spoken language is English.
Ofc if you would live in a county you've to learn its mothertongue else you'll only go work and go home and after 3 months you'll become crazy ;)
Moreovere if I'll transfer I wanna learn german, I like to learn new languages too.

Germany information

mmarco76,
What qualifications did they require? How did they test your qualifications (spoken/written test, phone conversation, etc)? Did you visit their site in Germany? How many interviews should you pass? Here in Israel people should pass at least 3 interviews - the first one is with one of the senior engineers or team leader, the second one is with a VP R&D manager and the third one is with HR manager or a company director (depends on a company size).

@mmarco76

Since your are from Milan, you donot even need to bother about "how expensive is living in Munich". Housing and food should be a tick more expensive in Milan than in Munich.
And as I said, your offer is a good offer. Donot hesitate to accept, its a good deal for you.

@ldm
I don't know of your nationality but the fact is. Companies here are very reluctant concerning foreing (Non-EU) experts. You must be really good and by that I mean "outstanding". If you are just good enough i.e just above average, they may prefer somebody from an EU state who can do the job and is just average. SO, probably the best way is thro "conections". By direct application, the HR guys are rely reluctand as I said.

Greetings and nice day

Germany information

Thx for all the information ddboy40.
I'm waiting for them atm, but I think that before semptember I'll don't know anything.

@ldm:
I've been firstly contacted by personal office by phone and we've a bit of conversation (we stayed at phone about 30-40 mins). I think he wanna evaluate my spoken english and also understand why I would like to work abroad and if germany will be ok for me or not.
After that we exchanged some mails (a sort of forms to compile) and then he called me back and we speak a bit about money.
Now I'm waiting to be contacted by technical engineer but maybe I'll fly in munich to speak with him face to face.
I hope they do that a bit faster also because in this period I've been in contact also with other companies.
If this evening I've not been emailed, I'll contact them in order to speed up the things a bit (or at least to know what are their times.. all big company move so slow imo..)

so did u get the offer ? and did u join them??

Germany information

It's early atm ;)
I've been contacted again but they told me that the technical responsable is on vacation untill the first week of september, after he'll come back I'll have to fly there and meet them face to face.

I'll evaluate all also because I'm in contact also with other societies in europe (Ireland and UK) and I hope they'll end the selection moreover in the same time in order to have more choices for me :)

I've not in hurry, I find myself good with my current work, but I would like to transfer abroad in order to improve my knowledge, my english too and maybe find a new country where leave (I'm a bit tired of Italian situation)

That's fine ... specially when u are in touch with other societies...

so what all work these guys do? I mean are they looking for analog guys as well.. :D

Germany information

I don't know because I've been contacted for digital work (FPGA most of all), really sorry.
If you're interested you can check www.IC-resource.co.uk.
I've sent my CV from that site and it's full of offer in all europe.

I know but it seems europe has a tight circle which does not allow outsiders...

I am from India...

Status
Not open for further replies.