Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Important circuits to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

VTI_16V

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello. My hobby is electronics repairs, and when i watch other people repairing electronics on youtube i can see that they can a lot of time read from components and their connections excatly what is the purpose of that part in pcb. I am mostly repairing marine electronics, but to be honest I repair it most of the time by comparing values with the same device that is working fine because i have a little warehouse and a lot of devices there. But without schematics and device which is OK i am almoust searching in dark. So can you please reccomend me some circuits that are important to learn and I don't mean how basic component works, I am more or less farmilliar with that, my point is let's say comparators, charge pump, small smps with IC's that are mostly used in consumers electronics, bootstrap circuit, comparators circuits for detecting for example high current consume, H-bridges, current limiters, current mirror circuit, etc.... You can write down everything from your head what comes to your mind, i would be thankfull and I really want to invest my time in learning that :)

This will be a long list; I'll add just a few and allow other forum members to include from their batch.

-Learn how a linear regulated power supply works, both fixed and adjustable.
-Learn the most common switchmode topologies: buck, boost and flyback.
-Learn the essential opamp amplifier configurations, inverting, non-inverting and differential. Know how to bias them either from a single or dual supply.
-Also, learn the difference between an opamp and a proper comparator.
-Very elementary but a surprising amount of people don't know how to do it: learn to calculate a voltage divider.
-Lastly learn about time constants; resistor-capacitor and resistor-inductor.

As I said earlier, this will be a long list.

VTI_16V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

I absolutely agree with schmitt trigger.

I don't want to tell "what", but "how".

When you see a circuit, and find an IC you are interested in, then look for the manufacturer, visit the internet site, look through the datasheet, look through application notes.
These are the most important and most reliable documents. Many circuits are designed upon these informations.
Then maybe you don't need a working circuit to compare with...
And you really understand how the circuits work..and why

Klaus

VTI_16V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back