Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Implementing a TCP/IP ethernet protocol within the KINTEX-7 GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad.

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a custom KINTEX-7 board that has one SFP port for ethernet communication. I would like to implement a TCP/IP ethernet at 1 G. Can someone point me to an example of a such design? I have been playing with various example, however I wasnt able to understand very much. Can this be done with the "gigabit ethernet CC" option?

Many thanks in advance,

Vlad

Can someone point me to an example of a such design?
The Xilinx TEMAC IP core exists for such purposes. Get and read the latest version of the PG051 documentation for 1000Mbps speed designs.
You need to get the free hardware evaluation license for the TEMAC core. The IP also comes with an example_design that helps you in understanding how this IP core works.
There is also a board implementation guide this IP core on AC701 board but using the RJ45 connected. I have not serach for an implementation that uses the SPF cage.

I would like to implement a TCP/IP ethernet at 1 G.
Then it is better to implement the TCP/IP as a software stack on a processor based system.

Can this be done with the "gigabit ethernet CC" option?
What's CC?

Last edited:

Hi,

Many thanks for your answers. My custom KINTEX-7 board has a SFP cage and a RJ45 connection. Hence I think for now I will try the RJ45 connection to comunicate with a host. I am aware of the free cores from FPGA cores, and I can confirm that they work fine on a KINTEX-7, however, I have used a PHY that is also used in the Arty-7 board from Digilent. I will keep digging.

PS: @dpaul the "cc" means clock correction, if i am not mistaken.

Many thanks,
Vlad

Status
Not open for further replies.