Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need to design a switched line phase shifter in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabeel71

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
phase shifter in ADS

I need to design a switched line phase shifter in ADS.Does anyone has some idea about it.

Re: phase shifter in ADS

You probably need to elaborate a little to get some more insight. But this may help out a little.

I did a switched path phase shifter in ADS for a MMIC. In that case, the hardest part was creating a good FET switch model. Once that is done, and you are fairly confident in it, then you put two switches back to back as close as is physically possible. Then, you extend one of the paths by your desired phase shift. You could use Momentum to simulated the line lengths, to ensure that you have the correct difference. Momentum will also help you if you need to wrap the line around to fit within a physical area.

You could also do something similar with a high and low pass filter, which both pass your Fo. You can tweak those out to give you a certain phase delay, which would accomplish the same thing.

Re: phase shifter in ADS

I made a switched line design using pin diodes to switch between
the inductor and capacitor but its not giving me the right results.
I think there is a problem with the design.I don't know how to work in momentum.
Haven't used it before.Can you send me your design or a file from which
i can build my own phase shifter.I need this phase shifter for my phased array antenna.I want the design to be simple and accuarte.Any circuit will do as far as its providing a phase shift.

phase shifter in ADS

i think u can't use his design , specially he did it on MMIC and it seems you need to do ur design on a board level.
u need to know how to use momentum to EM simulate ur passive structure and transmissin lines.
follow the manual , it is straight forward.

khouly

phase shifter in ADS

Is it switched line filter or switched filter( capacitor, inductor)?
Whats the accuracy and Band width looking for?
Explain more to understand and to guide you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back