Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need the maximum power supported by the BTS in uplink

Status
Not open for further replies.

emg

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bts site:edaboard.com

Hello,
I need the maximum power supported by the BTS in uplink.
BR

maximum power for 3G

Hi emg!

maximum power depend on each equipment of different providers. BTS's maximum power can be 60W (20W/cell) or 80W

In order to know exactly about them, you should read technical document of some providers.

Re: maximum power for 3G

thanks four interest.
in somme paper I always find the BTS douwnlik power but not the unplink one. I don't know why?
BR

maximum power for 3G

i think it depends on mobile brand but i think it's round 2 watt

I'm asking about BTS Uplink Power, not about mobile power.
BR

maximum power for 3G

For Uplink power, you can not know maximum power because in 3G, different users have different power and at the same time, total power of users = 80% or 100% maximum power of downlink, this depend on during installation.

what about the downlink power?

maximum power for 3G

as i said above, is value = 60W or 80W even other depend on each provider

so the BTSmaximum power is 80% or 100% of 60W (or 80W)?

maximum power for 3G

exactly! it is maximum, there are many stituation uplink power is smaller if BTSs put at rural or mountain where number of subcriber is small.

In other stituation, if BTS measure total power of users is larger, call drop is happen. Hence, normally, provider alway put <100%

maximum power for 3G

simply uplink is link from user to BTS
and downlink is from BTS to user
so u can know the power of downlnk easily as this determine th coverage of BTS over cell

and power of uplink is very small as BTS will detect it even it weak due to the sensitivity of antenna and diversity ....etc and also dont hurt the human

Etsh

Status
Not open for further replies.