Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need a timed circuit to delay a power cut for about 10 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

pozzari

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Timed Battery Cutout

I have a circuit with hysteresys using lm358
The circuits cuts the led when the battery goes below 11.5 volts and reconnects when the battery goes above 12.3 volts
This circuit goes on motorcycles, so when the motorcycle is starting-up the battery drops to about 10 volts and my circuit cut the load until the engine is running.

I need a timed circuit to delay the cut for about 10 seconds, just cut the load if the battery is below 11.5 volts for 10 seconds or more.

Be careful with current of the circuit, because the circuit can´t consume much power when cutted.

The schematic is attached

Thanks for all help and sorry my bad english.

cutout.jpg
attachment.php

Try a LM555 Timer (lots of books on this one) I.C. . You can ac or dc couple the trigger input to suit you needs.

the max voltage of 555 is 15 volts.
In truck the voltage can be more than 15 volts(24 volts or 26 whith engines running)

Sorry Put an LM7812 V. Reg. to limit voltage

---------- Post added at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was at 23:24 ----------

or LM7805 5V reg. to keep circuit alive at your lower voltage. I have never seen a truck or car batt hit 24Volts. Only Buses and aircraft.

big trucks in brazil is 2 batteries, 12 + 12 = 24
i.m going to try the 7805.
Any more ideas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back