Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I have a PC problem (graphic card or monitor issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PC problem

Hi all,
Recently, my PC manifests a strange behaviour. When I switch it on, it work well but after a random period of time the displayed colors changes, sometimes there is no displayed data at all and the screen became totally black for a while and this periodicaly. This case occurs with Windows OS, however for Linux after login in the displays is blocked and the system does not respond.

I formatted the PC serveral times but in vain. I realized that it is a hardware pb.
Some friends told me that the problem is due to the graphic cards, other told me that it is due to the hard disck that may have faulty sectors and other says that this kind of problem occurs when there is a breakdown in memory.

Moreover, After having this problem, I noticed when I install 2 OS on the PC each on a Disk partition (Same Hard Disk) only the Last installed OS is functional and the other Disappear.

Please help.

Re: PC problem

Did you already try another monitor?
Is it a standard CRT or flat screen monitor?

PC problem

Hi friend,
It is a flat screen monitor.
Do you thing it is a problem of monitor ?

You will have to replace the moniter to find out if its the graphics card or the moniter, my guess its the moniter.

Hi there, Im here to help, but I need to knoe if you done some standard procedures below; Please answer the following

1. What are sysmptoms/recent hardware changes/anything you made before the problem occured?

2. Please give the name/model of your graphics accelerator card or the chipset of your MoBo it is using (give me some specs)

3. What OS(ses) are you trying to install?

Hi all,

the_risk_master said:
1. What are sysmptoms/recent hardware changes/anything you made before the problem occured?

I switched on the PC like usual and that day i remarked this strange behavior. I have introduced no changes in hardware or software.
I removed the Graphic card and I cleaned all the dust inside the CU. Howether the problem persisted.

the_risk_master said:
2. Please give the name/model of your graphics accelerator card or the chipset of your MoBo it is using (give me some specs)?

It is a Geforce 4 MX 440 64 Mb DDR

the_risk_master said:
3. What OS(ses) are you trying to install?

Windows XP SP2 and Red hat 7.3

Note that I tested the monitor with my laptop and he is working fine. No I'm sure that the Problem in inside the CU.

I suggest to you to download a program to test monitor and then get your conclusion before going in depth in the pc. Some programs exist in the internet.
Hope it help
rgds
marco antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back