Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I did OFDM/rayleigh simulation but what theory BER equation to compare with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazdaspring

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I did simulation of OFDM over rayleigh channel (BPSK). But I am confused what theory BER equation I should use to compare this simulation result with? Can you please let me know or give me the theory equation to use. So I can compare them both and see if my simulation is correct or not. Thank you so much.

Now usually, when you are using OFDM, this means that the Rayleigh fading channel is an ISI channel. So, you can compare the results you got with non ISI channel.

I am sorry, I don't really understand. could you please explain a bit more. thank you again.

I am sorry, I don't really understand. could you please explain a bit more. thank you again.

Why did you use OFDM in the first place? Did you assume that the channel is ISI channel? Usually, OFDM is used when the frequency response of the channel is not flat. So, this non-flat frequency response is divided into a number of sub-bands where the amplitude of the channel and the noise power is approximately constant. In this case you are communicating with ISI-free channels, especially when using CP. So, I think it may be correct to compare your results with the non ISI case, i.e.: when the channel is flat fading.

Status
Not open for further replies.