Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to reduce DSP slices without changing the DATA TYPE of signal IN ZYNQ FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahad512

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to implement an AM demodulator on ZYNQ 706 FPGA. To ensure the quality of output I need a higher Fixed Data type. this required a large number of DSP slices. Is there any method to reduce the number of DSP slices without reducing the DATA TYPE

If the sampling frequency is considerably lower than core clock, you might think about using serial multipliers, no ready-to-use IP available unfortunately.

In multi-channel design with many channels, a sequential (muxed) usage of demodulator blocks can be considered.

However, a recent FPGA should have sufficient DSP resources to implement a moderate amount of channels fully parallel.

If the sampling frequency is considerably lower than core clock, you might think about using serial multipliers, no ready-to-use IP available unfortunately.

In multi-channel design with many channels, a sequential (muxed) usage of demodulator blocks can be considered.

However, a recent FPGA should have sufficient DSP resources to implement a moderate amount of channels fully parallel.
I have programmable FIR filters in my design that are consuming DSP resources what should be done in this aspect keeping in view I cant reduce data type and filter order

Status
Not open for further replies.