Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to prevent deep discharge of Li-Ion Batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vish2207

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have worked on the battery powered devices for the first time. So, this might be very basic problem for every one who have worked with portable devices.

I have used 2 Li-Ion batteries in series to get 5V using LM7805. I have used MCP73213 for charging of 2 cell Li-Ion batteries. I am attaching the power diagram through which I am charging the Battery with programmed current of 200mA. I don't have any problem with charging.

When I keep the battery connected all the time with device, it gets deep discharged despite putting my MCU in to sleep mode which draws about 100uA. The power that is being drawn mostly is by LM7805, which is about 3mA in idle condition. How can I prevent the deep discharge of the battery and keep connected battery to the device.

**broken link removed**

Thanks. Power & Charging Ckt.png

Status
Not open for further replies.