Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to open .brd PCB file

engr_joni_ee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a project with extension .brd. This project is around five years old project. I would like to view the PCB layout and the stackup. I have downloaded and opened "CadencePCBViewers_2023.exe" but then I got the attached error. I am not sure how to upgrade and see the PCB design. Any idea please ?

Untitled 632.png

The message is clear. The database of this PCB must be converted into newer version by DB Doctor.
I don't know Cadence Allegro Viewer has this tool but you can send this file to somebody who has Allegro License to make it convert.

The Cadence Allegro Viewer does not include DbDoctor. You need a Cadense Allegro License if you want to update your design to the latest
version/format.

We have experienced the same problem, but there is a simple solution. Use an old version of the Cadence Allegro Viewer!

In this case, Google is your best friend. :cool:

Last edited:

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back