Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to compare any two svn revisions using Tortoise SVN Client ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jani12

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Our SVN repository is on the internet. I have downloaded working copy to my hard disk. Using Tortoise SVN how to compare any Two SVN Revisions?

Hi,

Do you mean any "SVN compare"?

Or just (source) file compare?
Text (ASCII) file or binary file?
Depending on OS there should be simple tools (maybe command line tools) to compare two ASCII files on your PC.
Besides this there are many, more elaborated, tools to downnload in the internet.
Some are free, some not, some come with a two window colored graphical some are simpler..

Klaus

Two SVN Revisions?
Two SVN Revisions of the same file right?
You have many file diff tools, choose any one. As for me I, since the most important files are editable with Notepad++, I use its Compare plugin.
I use TortoiseGit GUI and there are features such as Diff and Diff with Previous version.

In Tortoise SVN log, select two revisions in revision list, click file in differences list, review differences in merge and compare tool.

Because SVN is server based, you need access to the server to view log, access previous file versions and perform comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.