Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to be an embedded systems engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mai ahmed

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
salam alaikom

I am a 3rd year student ain shams uni . computer engineering.
I am interested in the field of embedded systems, I need some advice from u

1- I want to know what kind of courses should I sign for or even stuff that I can search for online or books ( i signed for a c++ course and I already know C and i will search for more info about embedded C programming ) also I know VHDL

2- I want to know the different fields in the embedded systems or specializations and the description and qualifications needed for each to choose one and work on its qualifications

3- also if anyone of u know about an embedded systems company that will have summer training ( and doesnt need wasta ) :D that would be of a gr8 help and plz give me contacts

I am attaching my CV ... And I hope you would help me

hi mai,
this is vinoth. i saw your thread. i don't know whether i'm apt to give you guidance because just know i've completed by B.E and joined in a company as an embedded software enigneer. so i'll share some of the ways i've adopted to become an embedded engineer. you've said that you know 'c' and you're learning c++. i don't know how good are you at c. so check whether you could answer the following questions.
how good are you when it comes to data types?
because an embedded engineer has to give greater importance to data types than application programmers. so just type a description about data types that include the basic data types like int,char,float. add whatever you know about them.
let me go through it and after that i'll proceed with the rest. don't mistake me for asking this very basic stuff to a 3rd year student.. you may really be very good at data types but for me you're just mai. nothing else i know about you.

if you're really interested please send me the description and i'll give as much guidance as possible. all the best.

regards
vinoth.

AA Mai,
You need to learn C/C++, learn about embedded system structure then go into embedded programming and RTOS.
www.embedded-tips.blogspot.com can be a good start for egypotians.
--
Amr Ali

well for data types ... I think wat u mean by their importance is for we try to optimize and use the minimum size

well I know there is integer and its range is from so to so in numbers and it can be 2 bytes or 4 i think
and there is float and double and the ranges
and char 1 byte as i remember
is that wat u mean ?

and for amr
wat do u mean by embedded system structure and how can I learn about it
and about the RTOS I know a little about it from a course in college but also how can I learn more .. anyway I will check the link u sent and thanks for ur reply

Feel free to ask any time.
--
Amr Ali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back