Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to add support for ADC when that option is not available in uC

Status
Not open for further replies.

titusece

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have a requirement to read analog voltage from Microprocessor LINEIN pin (Line Input for audio jack)
As i.MX8 doesn't have ADC i would like make use LINEIN pin to send analog voltage (0 to 3.3) and want to get as digital value by reading codec registers.
Is it possible ? sharing any insights would be great.
Thanks for the help.

need to find 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% of battery level (3.7V)

In case you want a visual indicator...

Here's a bargraph circuit that abruptly turns led's on or off. Transistor networks perform the same job as a 3914 IC.

I found the schematic below at ElectronicDesign website (before they reworked the article, breaking the link to the schematic):

www.electronicdesign.com/technologies/displays/article/21773647/recursive-circuit-for-bargraph-led-displays-and-shunt-voltage-regulators

Notice supply voltage must reach 1.8 V in order to light the first led.
4.2V is typical charging voltage for a Li-ion cell.
You can add duplicate stages to obtain finer resolution.

bargraph 4 led's 4 NPN 4 PNP supply 1_2v to 4_2V (elec-design schematic).png

Hi,

In the DART_MX8M_PLUS picture that you posted in Post #4, the diagram shows connections for line in audio jack and headphone audio jack. Are those not supposed to be analog audio signals?

I'd take a look at the datasheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back