Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to accommodate matching circuit into fabrication ?

Ethan25

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I used Ansys circuits smith tool to match my antenna. The tool gave me a sub circuit with resistors and capacitors and now the antenna is resonating at the desired frequency. now I want to know about how should I proceed with fabrication ? How do I proceed with fabrication of this antenna ? do i go ahead and add them in my PCB layout or is there other factors I should take into account ?
Also I'm using a flexible substrate for my antenna so how do I go on about this ?
Thank you.

I hope that resistors is a typo and you meant inductors.

The matching circuit calculation refers to a position directly at the antenna feed point (port position in EM simulation), so if additional line length is required between antenna and circuit, you need to recalculate the matching circuit.

I hope that resistors is a typo and you meant inductors.

The matching circuit calculation refers to a position directly at the antenna feed point (port position in EM simulation), so if additional line length is required between antenna and circuit, you need to recalculate the matching circuit.
okay, so how do I add it to my PCB? directly as components ? and route it to my feed point if so where will my feed port shift to ?

If there is some feedline between the antenna and the matching network, you need to make sure that this feedline is also included in EM simulation or measurement. This way, your matching network calculation will "see" the input correct impedance including the line.

I can't comment on SMD placement for flex PCB.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back