Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HF RF multivibrator capable of providing high current?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neazoi

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is a HF RF multivibrator capable of providing high current?
Any circuits for such a multivibrator on HF or another one that can provide a high current?

I need a simple oscillator on HF (0.5MHz up to 5MHz max) that can provide lots of current for a few experiment of mine. Voltage is not critical as long as it can provide something like 1-5v or so, but it has to be able to provide some current. This will be used as a source of DC after rectification by a diode and a shunt capacitor. I know it is inefficient, but this is the case here.

Hi,
I repeat: "high current", "high current", "high current", "lots if current", "some current"
But what does this mean?
Without a value it is meaningless. For one 20mA is lots of current, for the other 200A is low current.

Klaus

I read "multivibrator" as synonym of square wave generator. A usual lab generator has a real output impedance of 50 ohms. Which output impedance do you want?

Astable cross-biased H-bridge oscillates after adding one capacitor in a strategic spot.
Frequency is influenced by a combination of load, cap value, supply voltage, bias.
Oscillations die if the load tries to draw too much current.

I made it work at low power.
The simulation shows 1.8V supply, load 0.7 ohms, frequency 5 MHz.
Load gets 2A.
Of course there's no guarantee you'll obtain identical performance.

astable cross-biased H-bridge 5 MHz 1_8 V supply load gets 2A.png

look up Royer converter - you can then make your own rectified current source as you require it ...

Thank you all for your replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back