Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help on Mixer isolation - isolation ports for a mixer

Status
Not open for further replies.

nassim1

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mixer isolation

Dear colleagues,

1. I want to know how can we determine isolation ports for a passive or active mixer ??

is there related to S parametres ?? or related to the Powers such as P_LO, P_RF and P_Output ??

2. For passive mixer, typical conversion loss is about -6 dB but most of published papers show that conversion loss is positive (which is in reality for active mixers) value and geater than 10 dB, for this point, really i do not understand why? can someone clarify this point ??

many thanks in advance,

N

passive mixer 6 db loss

is there related to S parametres ?? or related to the Powers such as P_LO, P_RF and P_Output ??

S-para is also based on powers( incident and reflected)

For passive mixer, typical conversion loss is about -6 dB but most of published papers show that conversion loss is positive (which is in reality for active mixers) value and geater than 10 dB, for this point, really i do not understand why? can someone clarify this point ??

May I ask you to share the paper having convection gain for passive mixer?

mixer isolation

Thank you kspalla,

i have understoud the isolation ports means to calculate the different S-parameters such as: S21, S23 & S31 for RF-LO, RL-IF and LO-IF respectively ??

i attached file some papers talk about conversion loss with passe device...

Re: Help on Mixer isolation

In mixer,
6 measurements excluding return loss.
LO-RF and LO-IF is called leakage
RL-IF is called conversion loss/gain.
IF-RF is called Isolation.

RF-LO and IF-LO are not important as LO power is much stronger.

Passive mixers with conversion loss is 6dB is a good one but it may suffering from Isolation which is important.

All the attachments talk about conversion loss.
Can i again ask for

May I ask you to share the paper having convection gain for passive mixer?

As i have written, conversion loss normally neagtive value which is typically -6 dB and the paper that i sent they talk avout conversion loss but with positive value!!!

For that, i have wriiten conversion gain in passive mixer... i do no have paper which talk on conversion gain for passive mixer.

you can take remark on the papers that i sent, i.e, if conversion loss is positive that 's mean that we have conversion gain......

i hope that you have understood me..

many thanks for explanation

Help on Mixer isolation

For passive mixer, the 6 dB conversion loss is reasonable, in another word, the conversion gain is -6 dB. My opinion only!

I also agree with Wireless man. Conversion Loss 0f 6 dB means its conversion gain of -6 dB.

If you have time take a look into the datasheet published by Hititte Microwave Corporation. If you look into their Active Mixer Data Sheet, you will find their specfications as Conversion Loss = 6 dB, which means its a loss of 6 dB.

Many thakns for explanation........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back