Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me to generate a refrence signal for an X-OR iC test ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ap123

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am having trouble with X-OR IC test without using microcontroller in my project. rest is almost finish but this X-OR is really giving me trouble ...i tried JK flip-flop(reset) whose output are 0-1-1-0 ...but didnt xactlly gave da same ...i also tried with reversing da clock pulse in counter ...if u know any other plz do inform me

Re: help me to generate a refrence signal for an X-OR iC tes

Hi dear sir,

I really don't undersdtand what you want to do and to test.

You want to test XOR door? I'm right?

How many pins have your XOR circuit?

I suppose you need to test this kind of ICs without microcontroller.

Depending to the number of inputs, you should use a binary counter connected to each inputs of the XOR door. CD4040

Then, you connect the output of your XOR door to a decimal counter > CD4017

For exemple, if you Xor door have 4 inputs, regarding to binary code present on each inputs, at the end of the count, your decimal counter should receive 4 pulses

Each time the code 0001, 0010, 0100 and 1000 go to input, the XOR door output go to 1 and this only when 1 input is set to 1, in others cases, output is set to "0".

If your IC is defective, the cd4017 don't show the right number of pulse regarding the number of inputs of yours XOR door.

So, for XOR gate with 6 inputs, for binary code 000001, 000010, 000100, 001000,010000 and 100000 you have six time "1" and then six pulses and your CD4017 active output six.

I hope this help you.

Pitbuell94.

its too long process i guess ...can you plzz tell me the short-cut method to generate the signal 0110 . beside x-or IC ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back