Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help in which data to get from summary after simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty_asdf

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have some questions. i am using xilinx and my device is a virtex6.

I managed to make my vhdl pass the post route simulation and gives me the right result. No i want to test it for different inputs, and check the results. My question is what measurements should i take?

I mean what i look so far is the total time, and the best case achievable clock from timing summary.

Are there any other that I should look so as to compare them? It is part of a project and I do not know what datas I must present, so to give a better look of my design and its perfomance.

noone? I mean what do you look at when you run your code? only if it is working, time, something else?

I usually look at the resource utilization and make sure that the resources used are within expected range.
Usually FPGA power supplies are designed for the worst case, but if you are designing for low power, it would be good to know how much power it would consume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back