Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP!!!!!! Fundemental frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

yjlum

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need help here what is the fundamental period for sin[(2n-1)/3]πt???
I got it down to T=6/(2n-1) and i am confuse from here on :(

The period of a sinusoid is 2•Π that means it repeats every 2•Π. Matematically

sin(x)=sin(x+2•Π)

then considering two time values t1 and t2 we can write:

[(2n-1)/3]•Π•t2 = [(2n-1)/3]•Π•t1+2•Π

The period T is given by t2-t1. We can arbitrary set t1=0 so that T=t2, thus:

[(2n-1)/3]•Π•T = 2•Π rearranging:

T=(2•Π)/{[(2n-1)/3]•Π} ==> T=6/(2n-1)

The period of a sinusoid is 2•Π that means it repeats every 2•Π. Matematically

sin(x)=sin(x+2•Π)

then considering two time values t1 and t2 we can write:

[(2n-1)/3]•Π•t2 = [(2n-1)/3]•Π•t1+2•Π

The period T is given by t2-t1. We can arbitrary set t1=0 so that T=t2, thus:

[(2n-1)/3]•Π•T = 2•Π rearranging:

T=(2•Π)/{[(2n-1)/3]•Π} ==> T=6/(2n-1)

Thanks mate thats what i got, my qns is what is the fundemental period then??:?:
I.e how would you determine fundemental period from T=6/(2n-1) ??

There should be something wrong. Since I saw the time dependency from 't' I expect that you are speaking of an analog signal and 'n' is a parameter to be set. In this case you will have a period that is T=6/(2n-1) function of the parameter 'n' and this is also the fundamental period.
If instead you are speaking of a discrete sequence, 't' should not appear or have to be a costant, then you have to find the fundamental period as the smallest integer over which the sequence repeats.

Untitled.jpg
There should be something wrong. Since I saw the time dependency from 't' I expect that you are speaking of an analog signal and 'n' is a parameter to be set. In this case you will have a period that is T=6/(2n-1) function of the parameter 'n' and this is also the fundamental period.
If instead you are speaking of a discrete sequence, 't' should not appear or have to be a costant, then you have to find the fundamental period as the smallest integer over which the sequence repeats.

hmm here is the whole picture..
So is the fundamental period 6?

You have a sum of periodic function, then the fundamental period is the least common multiple (lcm) among all the periods. Since the denominator is always an integer number, then the lcm is given by the numerator.

As you said it is 6.

Last edited:
Reactions: yjlum

yjlum

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back