Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Heatsink and mosfet Insulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently find poweresim . and useed it for calculating RCD snubber . does the calculation of this site is true and trustable? it suggest 150pf for C25.
in my calculation Lp=14uH, Ipk=14A, EE50-42 , Np=10, Fs=50khz
but on that site suggest Lp=20uH .

can you check my calculation ? I doubt about it.

https://www.poweresim.com/

Regards

I’d stick to the original diagram and your calculations, which are pretty much the same as it is marked on the original schematic diagram ..

Just look at it from another point of view:
At 50kHz the impedance of 5.6nF cap is roughly 570Ohms, whereas the impedance of the primary winding (14uH @ 50kHz) is 4.4Ohms ..

Rgds,
IanP
:D

Hi IanP
what do you mean? Can you describe it a little? whats the conflict betwean of 2 value you calculated? is it cause the problem? how can I improve it? I think my calculation about transformer is correct. because I get the same value for Lp and Ipk with different formula.
thank you

Regards.

Don't worry, nothing is wrong ..
Just wanted to make you aware that at 50kHz a cap of 5.6nF is nothing to worry about .. That's all .. :D

Rgds,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.