Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Halting build on first failure as requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eng.Wad

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I'm using MPLAB C18 for programming in C.
It's working very well all the time and still, but this time I faced:
Code:
Halting build on first failure as requested

I wonder what the code size limitation is. I'm using many user defined functions and many if statements(not professional programmer )
I then disabled the HALT BUILD option from project settings, the result was :
Code:
Skipping link step.  Not all sources built successfully.

software details :
Code:
Language tool versions: mpasmwin.exe v5.37, mplink.exe v4.37, mcc18.exe v3.36, mplib.exe v4.37

your help is highly appreciated

Wad

The compilation has failed. You need to look at the build log in the output window where it will give the reason and direct you to the line of code which causes the problem.

Keith

Thanks Keith for your attention,

I then opened mikroC and pasted the code to trace the Curly brackets "{}" and then found the problem cuz C18 is not featured brackets with highlighting..

Wad

If you move your cursor to the start of the {, MPLAB will highlight the end } and vice versa in C18. The same applies to ordinary brackets.

Keith.

It was disabled until this moment. Thank you Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back