Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM mobile network- need ideas and help to start the project

Status
Not open for further replies.

jad1111

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
build small gsm network

Hi All, I am pleased by this forum....
Infact I am preparing for my graduation project in CCE "computer and Communication Engineering"....

I am thinking in a small GSM mobile Network in the legal frequency domain ....
please help me start .... if u can share me ur experience , websites, designs, ideas,books,.... etc.
thanks...

GSM mobile network

You want to build a small GSM mobile network yourself? Where you want to get the core network elements? Or you just want to build the radio part?

Re: GSM mobile network

HI leek,.... In fact I want to make a mini one- maybe using only one atenna for not too many users.... so that it works at a range of near 200m ... which may be suitable for a communicatin in a mall or a a big center... for security issues for example,.....
If u have any ideas, or other suggestions I would be pleased to have them..
Thanks...

jad1111 said:
HI leek,.... In fact I want to make a mini one- maybe using only one atenna for not too many users.... so that it works at a range of near 200m ... which may be suitable for a communicatin in a mall or a a big center... for security issues for example,.....
Thanks...

For the antenna, sure you can build it, but I just wonder how you want to switch the calls? As you mention GSM network, you must have something work as the MSC at least.

leekk8 said:
jad1111 said:
Thanks...

For the antenna, sure you can build it, but I just wonder how you want to switch the calls? As you mention GSM network, you must have something work as the MSC at least.

Depending on the country you can apply for e MVNO license. It will allow you to use the network of another GSM provider without having your own.

GSM mobile network

MVNO is a very new technology in some countries, especially third world countries...and I think its not easy for a normal student to apply for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.