Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ericsson BS230 & BS260 cordless phone base station power supply information

Status
Not open for further replies.

babylonx

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have two sets of this phone (actually one base is BS230 and the second one is BS260 which uses the same PSU but it also provides callerID and answering machine) but no power supply and I am trying to find information about the phone to make a new one.

All the information I got right now came from the picture below:
ERICSSON-BS230-DECT-TELSIZ-TELEFON-SIFIR-PIL__44693517_3.jpg

It's not crystal clear but it seems that the PSU part number is: BMLNB 101 10/1
There are also 2 outputs, both 9v, one of them @500ma and the second one @250ma.

As you can see, the psu uses an rj11 6P6C connectore (6 pins).

I disassembled the station and found the following:
Photo 29-11-13 - 17 22 072.jpg

As you can see from the photo above pins 5,6 are the main voltage pins. I tried supplying 9v to these two pins and the base turned on and I could make a call. But it did not charge the headset.
I also found that pin 2 is connected to the right bottom via. These two bottom pins are the two headset contacts. This right pin is also connected to the negative pole of the battery in the headset. This is a good indication that pins 1 and 2 carry the secondary supply which is used to charge the headset. The two grounds are separate. I didn't find the reason why this should happen so I made a few checks to see if the charging circuit had anything to do with the operation voltage but it was completely separate! So I took a leap of faith and connected both pairs on the same voltage! Guess what! It works and it charges!

So I am putting this as reference to people that have lost this psu:
Just provide 9v@>750ma at pins 1,2 and 5,6 and everything will work perfectly! ;-)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back