Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Embedding S-Parameter File of Series AC Caps in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakim-djz

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello folks,

I've been trying to incorporate an S2P file for a set of AC caps in a differential pair.

I'm using HFSS as I can't do the geometries I need in 3D layout or SIwave.

How should I go about creating ports and using this model?

I tried following this video
, although it's slightly different. The guy also has an option for circuit elements within a HFSS project, but I don't and I'm on R19.1

Anyway, I tried created a lumped port (blue in image below) across using a sheet and setting the reference to one of the pads, which creates one port for each cap(although it should be 2ports). So since I only have 1port for the cap, I terminate the other with a 0R resistor ground. This is how it's typically done in Simbeor which I used to use (great tool and low cost btw), but I think there's more that goes on in the background and must be a proper of way of doing this in Ansys.

Kindly appreciate any input and thanks in advance

Hakim

1614797704048.png

1614797582938.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back