Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle PCB import gerber files

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjpompeo

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear sirs,
I need to print a PCB with GERBER files downloaded from Elektor Magazine, using the option Import, Gerber doesn't work can someone helpl me?
All files are zipped in just one using Linux Mint Nautilus. I need these files in one .brd (Eagle 7.7.0) format.
Regards,
Fernando - Call sign PU2PLL - Brazil

Attachments

• 010113-PCB-Gerber-files.zip
    94.5 KB · Views: 212

Hi,

share the Elektor link, I do not download and open zip files of unknown origin.

I would test it with Eagle 9.6.2 and I think on an old notebook I should have installed an older Eagle version, if there is a backward compability issue.

BR

Dear sirs,
I need to print a PCB with GERBER files downloaded from Elektor Magazine, using the option Import, Gerber doesn't work can someone helpl me?
All files are zipped in just one using Linux Mint Nautilus. I need these files in one .brd (Eagle 7.7.0) format.
Regards,
Fernando - Call sign PU2PLL - Brazil
Hi,

If the .brd file or PCB file is not present, then you have a big problem.

The teverse engineering of PCBs from Gerber files is very difficult.

Gerber files are the construction files that the PCB manufacturer uses to manufactute the PCB.
I have used KiCad and Altium to import the Getber files and Drill files, which you have to allocate the correct layer for each Gerber file.

The is no link to the schematic file, any changes have to be made in the PCB editor.

I am in the process of trying to modify a PCB with 4 layers, where the schematic is long gone only paper and Gerber file exist.

Regards,
Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back