Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Determining average data packet size transmitted using a cell modem with PIR sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmcgibbony

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm very new to this forum. I've never posted on it before. I'm working on a project that sends a signal from a PIR motion sensor to a database via a cell modem. I'm working on the budget for this transmission process. I'm trying to find out what the packet size is per signal to the database via this cell modem. My database will only receive .3 MB per month of transmission before I get charged another rate. So if I new the unit size per each transmission then I could determine an average size of transmission per month thus determining how big my database must be.

Can anyone venture a guess at this scenario? If not, could you point me someone where that I might be able to get this information?

Thanks very much.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back