Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design Sunshinswitch Spartan3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliverx

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I am trying to design the main units of sunshine switch; which is a self routing switch fabric for packet switched networks, it's accepted to use any number of units to achieve the final design. I know this switch has 8 inputs and outputs, we add self routing header like an ID for each packet to be re-routed to the output depending on its order or number(000,001,010,011.....111).
I think we need shift register and follow the Banyan networks pattern, e.g. 010 when arrive, we test the MSB of its ID if 0 up if 1 down and then test the second bit and so on, this is all what I know, is there a genuis to help me build this? units? vhdl codes? simulation? or any kind of help please?
I use spartan 3 1000 FPGA board.

regards,
oliver smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back