Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dell XPS M1330 Mainboard problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saman Saadat

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all

I have a Dell M1330 and after 5 years usage suddenly it turned off and when I checked, I figured out that it has a short circuit on it's mainboard. A common problem with other people, that when I connect charger the LED of the charger will go off. Therefore I connect mainbboard to 9v power and figured out, that C525 was the problem. I removed it from the board and there is no more short circuit! But the laptop is not turning on yet!
If I connect the battery and the power then a part of mainboard that is close to battery connector will over heat in a matter of few seconds and laptop battery LED will start flashing red and blue (it means batter is over heating).
Does anybody has any idea how to solve it?
If I only connect the power it will turn on (the CPU fan doesn't turn on but the HDD start to work), the LCD doesn't turn on at all and after 30-60 second the laptop automatically turn off. While it is on the LED of caps lock will keep flashing! Does this means I have to buy new mainboard?
Anybody knows how to fix it?
Any idea or suggestion?

Thank you so much

Do you know electronics? Do you have instruments to check the circuit? such as oscilloscope, multimeter, logic probe etc. It seems you still have something shorted. When you connect the battery, connector over heats means you still have short somewhere, something draws a lot of current, you have to troubleshoot to find out what is causing that, which component and then we can go further.

Dear all

I have a Dell M1330 and after 5 years usage suddenly it turned off and when I checked, I figured out that it has a short circuit on it's mainboard. A common problem with other people, that when I connect charger the LED of the charger will go off. Therefore I connect mainbboard to 9v power and figured out, that C525 was the problem. I removed it from the board and there is no more short circuit! But the laptop is not turning on yet!
If I connect the battery and the power then a part of mainboard that is close to battery connector will over heat in a matter of few seconds and laptop battery LED will start flashing red and blue (it means batter is over heating).
Does anybody has any idea how to solve it?
If I only connect the power it will turn on (the CPU fan doesn't turn on but the HDD start to work), the LCD doesn't turn on at all and after 30-60 second the laptop automatically turn off. While it is on the LED of caps lock will keep flashing! Does this means I have to buy new mainboard?
Anybody knows how to fix it?
Any idea or suggestion?

Thank you so much

Yes there is still shorted something.
Do you know electronics? Do you have instruments to check the circuit? such as oscilloscope, multimeter, logic probe etc. It seems you still have something shorted. When you connect the battery, connector over heats means you still have short somewhere, something draws a lot of current, you have to troubleshoot to find out what is causing that, which component and then we can go further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back