Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST help regarding active components

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kick

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am working on CST simulation of PCB and I want to perform EMI simulation. So far did,

- Generated ODB files from Altium and imported to CST.
- Passive components are already imported as lumped elements.
- Added the discrete port for excitation.

My question is,

1) There are few ICs [op-amp, hall sensor etc] in the circuit, how to add the model for these?
2) Without adding active components, the simulation result would be complete?
3) If there is any alternative way please suggest me?

As you can see in the image, passive components are replaced by lumped elements, but empty in the IC space.

1632740399346.png

Thanks,

From EMI point of view, all the components (pasive and active) should be in place.

The circuit populated only with passive components (R,L,C) would be relative easily to simulate for EMI, but adding active components will change the situation, mainly because a trace terminated with an active component (semiconductor) will give many other unknowns.

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please tell me how to add active components in the 3D simulation?

I tried with SPICE model interfacing with 3D model [schematic]. It gives me the results.

But for all the active components, SPICE model is not available in the manufacturer site.

Adding Subcircuit [.cir] in CST EDA import is another way. Can we make .cir file ourself?

Thanks

Making the .cir file:

The problem is that you need all the model parameters to fill into the .cir file. For simple active (or passive) circuits, this can be done with Pspice or other similar programs. For very complex ICs is practically impossible to find the model parameters without information from the chip manufacturer.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back