Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Could you purpose any IC for voltmeter design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theasus

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Could you purpose any IC for voltmeter design with high accuracy??

u want to make a Digital voltmeter LCD/7-segment LED display??
AC/DC ??
voltage range ??

1 -I want to use 2X16 LCD
2 -DC
3 -Voltage range is about 0 - 30Volt

theasus said:
Could you purpose any IC for voltmeter design with high accuracy??
theasus said:
1 -I want to use 2X16 LCD,
2 -DC,
3 -Voltage range is about 0 - 30Volt
There is no dedicated IC to drive 2 x 16 LCD. It should be accomplished with a microcontroller. If you can use 3 1/2 digit LCD, you may consider using ICL7106 which is universally used in pannel meters. IC's cannot be considered to be accurate. Accuracy depends highly on the tolerance and quality of the components you use in the design. Cheers

If I communicate the voltmeter IC with PIC, Is it possible to design?Is there any external component for PIC which will give voltage values?

theasus said:
If I communicate the voltmeter IC with PIC, Is it possible to design?Is there any external component for PIC which will give voltage values?
Yes it is possible to design with a PIC Micro. There will be external components which will decide the input fed to the ADC section which will determine the reading value on the LCD. You may have a look at these below given links.
https://www.best-microcontroller-projects.com/lcd-volt-meter.html
https://wiredworld.tripod.com/tronics/hiresdvm.html
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.