Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

controlling motor with the right current

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevi29

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i had this circuit for controlling 2 wiper motors using a motor driver - L293D and relay

i used l293d to control the direction of motor but it only provides small amount of current, so it can only drive small motors like DC. when i tried to control the wiper motor, it does worked but can't make it rotate. i was thinking that it's because i'm using a regulated power supply that gives less current.

to test if my wiper motor is really working, i connected it directly to a 12 v, 3 amps transformer, and it did work the way it should, so i assume that the current really affects the controlling of motor.

so i tried putting a relay. as far as i can understand, it needs small amount of current to be triggered but its output gives a bigger current.

when i tried it, i've got the same result when i just used l293d.

please help me fixed this problem.

here's my circuit:
Screenshot (18).png

here's also the circuit of the regulated power supply that i used:
Screenshot (17).png

Status
Not open for further replies.