Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Completely dependent on youtube videos for Altium useage

cupoftea

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I depend on seeing youtube videos to teach me Altium.
But i only have a laptop.
And i cannot watch youtube when not connected to the internet.
How can i somehow download the youtube videos to my laptop?...so that i can watch them when i am not connected to the internet?

The Youtube premium service offers downloads, but only to an App which is only available to people with smartphones.
(I do not have a smartphone, since their screens simply arent big enough)

Youtube is not clear about this.

Thanks, yes i did...but youtube says this is illegal....as such, i wonder if many of these "youtube download" sites are going to put virus's on the laptop?
Do you know which "youtube download to laptop" site is safe to use?

...Years ago, i used to use one with a special icon "YTD"...but i cant find that one any more.....and in any case, i remember that it didnt always download all youtube videos....sometimes it just woudlnt download them....i also need quite high quality resolution...because the Altium videos have very small text on them.

Hi,

never had the problem.
If it is illegal, then it is illegal ..independent of which download software you use.

But again I did an internet search "how to download youtube videos".
Again a lot of hits. Some work without installing software on your PC. Some are online tools.

Also "download altium tutorial" gave some hits. Didn´t check them.

Klaus

Youtube claims it disapproves of us saving its videos. Yet...
I think I heard that for paying premium members Youtube provides a button to download them directly. Seems to be allowed if you pay for it.

For some years I used a program that downloads Youtube videos. After a while I became nervous that a malware got into an updated version because my Windows XP computer acquired a browser hijacker. I stopped using it.

Certain websites offer all kinds of software 'for free'. And I saw techies cautioning that these 'free' sites are suspect sources of malware. I've stopped looking for Youtube downloaders to try out.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back