Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Compare cmos and bicmos in terms of speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

vineet.chitlangia

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cmos and bicmos

cmos and bicmos in regards of speed... i mean which is faster and how capacitance play its role...

Added after 8 minutes:

plz help...

cmos and bicmos

CMOS and BICMOS are both fast. Depends on what is your need!

cmos and bicmos

BICMOS ( BJT as op stage->Higher switching speed
)ckts have better speed compared to CMOS ckts and is well suited for I/O intensive applications
High impedance CMOS transistors may be used for the input circuitry while the remaining stages and output drivers are realized using bipolar transistors.

MOS speed depends on device parameters such as saturation current and capacitance. These in turn depend on oxide thickness, substrate doping and channel length.

Compared to CMOS, BiCMOS’s reduced dependence on capacitive load and the multiple circuit and I/Os configurations possible greatly enhance design flexibility and can lead to reduced cycle time

Peak bipolar speed is less dependent on circuit capacitance

Other important thing is that
BiCMOS circuits are used in cases of large current requirements. Since the output stage here is BJT who are capable of carrying large currents. CMOS used for low power circuits.

Refer->
**broken link removed**

Hope this helps!
-Hemanshu

cmos and bicmos

thx for reply... i think i got all i want to know from hemanshu's post.. thx

Status
Not open for further replies.