Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CLOCK_SIGNAL constraint

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuntul

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am getting the following warning in my synthesis report:

Clock Information:
------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+-------+
Clock Signal | Clock buffer(FF name) | Load |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+-------+
Clk | BUFGP | 27 |
LCDClkDiv_0/ClkOut1 | BUFG | 1398 |
singlecycle/Controller/Beq_not0001(singlecycle/Controller/Beq_not000176:O) | NONE(*)(singlecycle/Controller/Bgtz)| 3 |
singlecycle/IM/Display_cmp_eq0000(singlecycle/IM/Display_cmp_eq0000_wg_cy<7>:O)| NONE(*)(singlecycle/IM/Display) | 1 |
(*) These 2 clock signal(s) are generated by combinatorial logic,
and XST is not able to identify which are the primary clock signals.
Please use the CLOCK_SIGNAL constraint to specify the clock signal(s) generated by combinatorial logic.
INFO:Xst:2169 - HDL ADVISOR - Some clock signals were not automatically buffered by XST with BUFG/BUFR resources. Please use the buffer_type constraint in order to insert these buffers to the clock signals to help prevent skew problems.

I have a combinatorial logic that takes the Clk from the board and slows it down by a factor of 1250, basically a clock divider.

Based from reading the manual in verilog I have put the following code in my top module:

// synthesis attribute clock_signal of ClkOut is "yes";

Where ClkOut is the output from the ClockDivider I have. However I am still getting the same results as above...

In the synthesis report it says that I have set the property "CLOCK_SIGNAL = yes" for signal <ClkOut>

Another weird thing is that the controller is not taking any Clk as input, so why is it saying that:

singlecycle/Controller/Beq_not0001(singlecycle/Controller/Beq_not000176:O) | NONE(*)(singlecycle/Controller/Bgtz)| 3 |

is related to the clock

Status
Not open for further replies.