Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Channel Amplitude Information at the transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrolog

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello anyone,

i have a 2x8 MIMO real time system of which channel amplitudes are time invariant. But the phase is time-variant. Because of some hardware problems it is not possible to compensate these phase offsets.

As i told, the channel amplitudes are time-invariant so i want to exploit this at the transmitter side. System has a feedback to transmitter but since the phase is time dependent , i can not use SVD EigenMode transmission because i have only the amplitudes of the channel. i am sure that this amplitude information gives an advantage compared to the case no channel state information available on the transmitter. Do you have an idea??

i would be very grateful if someone could help me!

Thanks in advance

i think at least someone in 80 visitors must have an idea. so what you think?

unfortunately i'm in the exact same situation as you, trying to figuring it out too....

ok... i've found a way to exploit it. Try doing eigen beamforming by using the covariance of the amplitude of the channel and the amplitude of the transmitted signal. Get the eigenvector of the channel and multiply them with the eigenvalues of the signal. Thus, you've optimized the direction of the beam towards the better channel. Do read up on eigen beamforming :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back