Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I continue asking questions on others thread ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snishanth512

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can I continue asking questions on others thread ?

Without creating my own thread.

Is that a problem?

It depends. From the rules:

Don't intrude in threads with different subject or reopen very old threads
Follow up questions should be related to the thread content, don’t intrude in an existing thread to ask a question with a subject unrelated to the thread content, create a new thread instead.
Avoid reopening very old threads in order to reply or post a similar question, again it is more preferable to create a new thread.

but it really depends on the thread and how old it is and why you want to re-open it. For example, if the thread is several years old there is a chance that the person you respond to isn't active any more. Often, re-opening an old thread is less successful in getting replies than posting a new one. This is particularly true if the thread is a long one - people don't want to read dozens of old posts to find the relevance of a new one. It is also a waste of effort posting to an old thread which had no replies.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back